Although New Year’s resolutions might have fallen by the wayside, having a great financial and estate plan is important all year round. Thinking about your health and long-term care security issues can prompt you to do the important work around protecting your individual interests and establishing a next step with your estate planning. The support of an experienced and knowledgeable estate planning lawyer can help guide you through accomplishing each of these individual steps. Here are six things you can do to get your financial strategy up leveled or back on track:
- Maintain your health by investing in healthy diet and exercise plans.
- Make sleep a priority every night as this can have important implications on your physical health.
- When it’s time, sit down and review Medicare benefits with a financial professional to make sure that the plan you’ve selected is aligned with your individual needs.
- Discuss your wishes and resources for long term care with your loved ones. For example, if you have a long-term care insurance policy, make sure your spouse and other loved ones know where to find it.
- Consider long term care insurance or Medicaid planning strategies that can help you qualify for Medicaid more quickly and easily if and when the time comes.
- Set up an annual physical and review all of your medications. Discuss options for getting off certain medications where possible.
All of these issues can help you to protect your health for as long a period as possible, and to give you powerful insights and next steps for your planning strategies. Learn more about estate planning by meeting with a lawyer in Virginia Beach today.