Technology can’t halt the aging process, but a Huffington Post piece points out that it may change the way people grow older.
“Technology is changing everything, including how we will age and the quality of our senior years,” begins the story by Ann Brenoff ” Mobile devices, wearable gadgets and Internet-based technologies will help older adults age in place while monitoring their health and safety.”
- The piece went on to site these specific coming advancements as having an impact on older Americans:
- Talking street signs
- Cars that drive themselves
- Video-call doctor visits
- Remote patient monitoring.
- Online medical records.
- Robots as caregivers.
- A proliferation of LED lights in unexpected places
- Safety monitors that “go way beyond nanny-cams
- Homes that age along with the occupants
- More apps to help people better understand their bodies
Add a Comment